Presenter: Rachel Rose, JD, MBA
Time: 1.15 hours
To get this course at no cost, contact us at email@example.com or call 888.543.4778
Expert presenter, Rachel V. Rose, JD, MBA, principal with Rachel V. Rose – Attorney at Law, P.L.L.C., Houston, TX guides us during this important and informative webinar. Breaches and the lack of the requisite technical, administrative, and physical safeguards can have criminal consequences. While most people are familiar with civil cases, there is the potential for HIPAA violations and ransomware attacks to be prosecuted criminally. The purpose of this webinar is to highlight potential areas of criminal liability, give specific examples, and address mitigation techniques – both before and after a government discovery request or grand jury subpoena emerges.
- Learn scenarios where criminal liability may arise under HIPAA and related laws.
- Understand the importance of HIPAA’s law enforcement and whistleblower exception.
- Consider mitigation in terms of compliance, risk management, and government factors.
- What Goes on in a Criminal’s Head?
- Noteworthy News
- Cybersecurity – Terms and Trends
- HIPAA, the HITECH Act
- Criminal Liability for the HIPAA Violations
- The False Claims Act & DOJ Enforcement Actions
- Risk Mitigation Tips and Techniques