Can the Fundamentals course run on my computer?
The Fundamentals course can run on PCs, Macs and Chromebooks on any common browser, including Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome, Safari and Opera. Firefox users may have to install Adobe’s Flash Player plugin (you can download it for free); Flash is already integrated into the Chrome, Internet Explorer and Microsoft Edge browsers.
You need an Internet connection and good quality speakers or headphones. If you are having problems, please contact us.
Missing Plugin / Flash Player
The Fundamentals course uses Adobe’s Flash Player. Flash is already installed on 98% of desktop, laptop and Chromebook computers. Some browsers require Flash to be enabled for each website.
If you see “Click to enable Adobe Flash Player” or “Run Adobe Flash”, just click on the icon and follow the prompts to enable the Flash player for https://1sthcc.com.
If you are seeing a “missing plugin” message or “blank” page, then the browser you are using needs to have the Adobe Flash Player plugin installed or enabled. Installing / enabling flash depends on which browser you are using:
Chrome: If you are using Google’s free Chrome browser, Flash is installed by default, and you shouldn’t have to do anything other than enable it by clicking on the “Enable Adobe Flash Player” icon when you see it. You can also enable flash in Chrome by default for all websites.
Firefox: If you are using Firefox, you may have to install or enable the Flash plugin. You can download the plugin here. If the plugin is installed but not enabled, see Enable Flash Player for Firefox.
Internet Explorer / Edge: On Windows 8 and 10, the Flash Player is automatically integrated with Internet Explorer and the Edge browsers.
- For Internet Explorer on Windows 10, see Enable Flash Player for IE on Windows 10.
- For Edge on Windows 10, see Enable Flash Player for Edge on Windows 10.
- Older versions of Windows / Internet Explorer, see Enable Flash Player for Internet Explorer. You may need to download the Flash Player plugin.
If you are having difficulties, try Adobe’s Flash Player Help page. It includes a check to see whether Flash is installed on your computer.
Enable Flash Player for Chrome
Flash is already built into the Chrome browser, but sometimes needs to be enabled.
Normally, to enable Flash Player, all you have to do is click on this icon when you see it and follow the prompts to enable the Flash player for 1sthcc.com
Enabling Flash Player in Chrome Manually – for all websites
You can also enable Flash Player in Chrome manually for all websites:
- Open the Chrome browser.
- Click on the 3 dots in the top right corner (“Customize and Control Google Chrome”).
- Click on Settings.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and click on Show Advanced Settings
- Find the Privacy section and click on Content Settings.
- Scroll and find the Flash section and if you want Flash to run for all websites, choose Allow Sites to Run Flash and click Done.
The modules aren’t launching. What do we do now?
If you are seeing “blank” page or a “missing plugin” message, you may need to install and/or enable the Flash Player. Firefox users may need to download Adobe Flash which can be found here.
If you are still having a problem:
- Log off from 1sthcc.com.
- Close your internet browser (all windows).
- Clear your computer’s cache (directions here).
- Reboot your computer
If this does not solve the issue then please contact us and provide us with the following information:
- what sort of internet browser (Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome, etc) are you using?
- what sort of computer (desktop vs laptop, PC vs Apple, etc) are you using?
- what exactly happened (the more detail the better) ?
- what do you see on the screen when the problem occurs (a screenshot is generally very helpful)?