Except as disclosed in this Privacy Statement, we do not collect any identifiable information about visitors to this site or our customers who use this site. The policies, sources, and uses of information are outlined in sections that follow:
1. Information Collected and Web Logs
Data You Provide to Us: We collect personal information when you voluntarily provide it to us. For example, we collect personal information when you order, register for, or request information about FHC products or services, submit web forms, ask to download content, use interactive features of the Services, complete surveys, provide feedback, contact customer support, communicate with sales representatives, sign up and/or attend our events, interact with us at industry events, or otherwise communicate with us.
Data From Other Sources: We may obtain personal information about you from the organization with which you are employed or affiliated to activate and manage your access to and use the organization’s subscription to the Services. We may obtain information about you from other third parties, public databases, and social media platforms. We protect data obtained from third parties in the same way as we handle data we receive directly.
2. Internet Cookies
Data From Use of Services; Cookies: The Service may automatically collect information about your computer or device through cookies, web beacons and other technologies, Internet Protocol (IP) address tracking/URL tracking, and other tools. Like most standard web site servers, we use log files to collect and store anonymous user information. These technologies help improve the overall quality of the Services such as by analyzing trends, remembering visitor settings, tracking movements around the web sites and to gather demographic information about our user base. We may receive reports based on the use of these technologies by third-party vendors, such as Google Analytics. To learn more about Google Analytics’ privacy practices and opt-out, click here. For more information about third party advertisers and how to prevent them from using your information, please visit the Network Advertising Initiative’s site at www.networkadvertising.org/choices/.
A third-party that manages the FHC website maintains standard web logs that record and stores data about all visitors who use this site. Every site visitor’s details will be “cookied” unless the browser blocks this ability. You may have software on your computer that will allow you to decline or deactivate Internet cookies, but if you do so, some features of this site may not work properly for you. For instructions on how to remove cookies from your hard drive, go to your browser’s website for detailed instructions. In addition, further information regarding cookies may be available on other websites or from your Internet service provider.
You may delete or reject cookies by selecting the appropriate settings on your browser. If you reject cookies, you may still use the Services but your ability to use some features or areas of the Services may be limited.
All web logs are stored securely and may only be accessed by FHC employees or authorized designees on a need-to-know basis for a specific purpose. FHC uses web log information to help us design our site; identify popular features; resolve user, hardware, and software issues; and make the site more useful. The third-party does not know who the visitors are that are collected by cookies until that individual fills out a form or connects to a “cookied” link.
3. Use of Collected Information
Depending on how you interact with us and use the Services, we may use your personal information to:
- Provide, operate, maintain, improve, and promote the Services; improve service reliability or improve features and functionality;
- Enable you to access and use the Services;
- Process and complete transactions, and send you related information, including purchase confirmations and invoices;
- Respond to your comments, requests or provide information requested by you;
- Send account-related information to you;
- Manage your account and provide support or other services, such as product updates, fixes and product and service recommendations;
- Obtain and understand your feedback or user experience;
- Provide a personalized experience, and implement the preferences you request;
- Enhance security, monitor and verify identity or service access, combat spam or other malware or security risks;
- Provide you with marketing and promotional communications, such as providing you with information about products and services, features, surveys, newsletters, offers, promotions, contests, and events; and provide other news or information about us and our partners. You may manage your receipt of marketing and non-transactional communications by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link located on the bottom of our promotional emails or by contacting us directly as indicated below in the ‘Contact Us’ section;
- Determine the effectiveness of marketing and promotional campaigns;
- Post testimonials (with your prior consent);
- Investigate and prevent fraudulent transactions, unauthorized access to the Services, and other illegal activities;
- For quality control and staff training; and/or
- To resolve disputes and enforce our agreements.
FHC also uses a third-party vendor to help us manage some of our email communications with you. FHC never shares any information, other than your e-mail address, with our third-party email vendor, which does not share these e-mail addresses with anyone else.
Even if you have given us permission to send e-mails to you, you may revoke that permission at any time by following the “unsubscribe” information at the bottom of the e-mail.
4. Disclosures of Information Collected
We may disclose personal information to any person performing audit, legal, operational, or other services for us. We will use information that does not identify the individual for these activities whenever feasible. Information disclosed to vendors or contractors for operational purposes may not be re-disclosed to others by such a vendor or contractor.
We do not sell, rent, or lease your personal information to others without your consent. We may share personal information about you with third parties in the following circumstances:
- We may share your information with third parties, such as vendors, consultants, agents and other service providers who work on our behalf. Examples include vendors and service providers who help with hosting services, cyber security and anti-fraud services, marketing, payment processing services, administering continuing education credits, data analysis, technical support and customer support.
- We may provide your information to our business partners for purposes of jointly offering products, services, or programs. For example, we may allow webinar presenters to communicate with attendees once the webinar session is completed.
- We may disclose your personal information for any purpose with your consent.
- We may disclose information where we believe disclosure is necessary or required: (i) by law or regulation, to comply with legal process or government requests; (ii) to exercise, establish or defend our legal rights; (iii) to detect, investigate and help prevent fraud or security issues; or (iv) in connection with a merger, sale of company assets, financing, acquisition, dissolution, corporate reorganization, or similar event.
- We may disclose information between and among FHC and all companies affiliated with FHC who may act for us for any of the purposes set out in this policy, including our current and future parents, affiliates, subsidiaries and other companies under common control and ownership.
- We may share your personal information when it is necessary for other legitimate purposes such as protecting our confidential and proprietary information or where necessary to support, respond to and to provide the Services.
5. External Websites
6. Information Security
We employ reasonable and current security methods to protect your personal information. We support secure https access to our web site. Your account information and profile are password-protected. Information relating to purchased products and services are protected by encryption. To protect any data that you store on our servers, we also regularly monitor our system for possible vulnerabilities and attacks. While we try to protect your personal information, no method of storage or transmission is 100% secure. It is your responsibility to protect your password, limit access to your devices, and sign out of your account and to close your browser window when you have finished your session. This is to help ensure that others cannot access your personal information and correspondence if you share a computer with someone else or are using a computer in a public place where others may have access to it.
7. Public Forums
Our websites offer publicly accessible blogs or community forums. Any information you provide in these areas becomes public information and may be read, collected, and used by others who access them. Please do not post any information in these areas that you do not want to reveal to the public at large.
FHC does not knowingly request or collect information online or offline from users under 16 years of age, nor do we knowingly use or share personal information from users under 16 years of age with third parties.
9. California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 and the General Data Protection Regulation (effective May 2018): Notice to Covered Individuals
Under the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA), California residents have the right to tell us not to sell their personal information to others. We offer this option to all users, including California residents.
Under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), European Union citizens have the right to tell us not to sell their personal information to others. We offer this option to all users, including European Union citizens.
10. Opt Out
If a user makes a request to receive information in an ongoing manner through this website by providing their e-mail address (for example, requesting a subscription to job alerts), a user may make a request to discontinue future mailings, so long as the mailings are not part of paid Services.
11. Other requests to limit use and disclosure of your personal information
State, federal, and international laws may allow you to request that we limit our uses and disclosures of your personal information. By law, we may not have to agree to your request. It is our statement not to agree to requests for restrictions beyond what is described in the “Opt Out” section above.
12. Notice of Copyright Infringement
We respect the intellectual property rights of others and require users of the Services to do the same. Under appropriate circumstances, we will terminate the privileges of users who are repeat copyright infringers. We also reserve the right, in our sole discretion, to terminate privileges for actual or apparent copyright infringement.
If you believe that work residing or accessible on or through FHC’s Services infringes a copyright, please send us a notice of copyright infringement with the following information in accordance with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act:
- Identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed or, if multiple copyrighted works at a single online site are covered by a single notice, a representative list of such works at that site;
- Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing and information reasonably sufficient to permit location of the material, including URL;
- Contact information, including your full legal name, mailing address, telephone number, and email address;
- A statement that you have a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law;
- A statement that the information in the Notice is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that you are the owner, or are authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright that is allegedly infringed; and
- A physical or electronic signature of the owner of the copyright that has been allegedly infringed or a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner.
All notices should be sent to the contact listed below.
First Healthcare Compliance
3903 Centerville Rd
Wilmington, DE 19807
Last updated on January 10, 2022