Rachel V. Rose, JD, MBA, principal with Rachel V. Rose – Attorney at Law, P.L.L.C., Houston, TX presents this very timely subject for us. Effective January 1, 2022, the No Surprises Act has implications for patients, providers, and insurance companies alike. The impetus behind the legislation, as well as the regulations, is to prevent patients from receiving bills for certain services that were performed or delivered by providers out of their plan’s network. The scope is limited and providers and plans alike need to take steps to understand the appeal process when a payment or claim is challenged. The purpose of this presentation is to provide a brief overview of the evolution of the United States’ healthcare system and its relevance to the No Surprises Act. From there, the No Surprises Act and regulations will be explained, along with the appeal process. Finally, compliance tips will round out the presentation.
Subscribe to Weekly eNewsletter
Get the latest healthcare compliance updates straight to your inbox.
Subscribe to Podcast
- Workplace Violence Prevention in Healthcare: Ensuring Safety for Patients and Staff
- Understanding OSHA’s Bloodborne Pathogens (BBP) Standard: Requirements and Compliance
- 10 Best Practices for Employee Training in Healthcare
- FWA in Healthcare: How to Respond Appropriately to Detected Offenses
- Unlock the power of employee hotlines: How to create a culture of compliance, transparency, and accountability in healthcare.
- Anne Elkin, EsquirePractice Manager, Boothwyn Medical Associates
The solution has been a great help to our practice. We can now organize all our compliance data in one place.
- Robert Henry, PA-C, CEOAmbient Care, Seaford, DE
In an era of ever changing regulations, First Healthcare Compliance has given us the tools to seamlessly and efficiently stay on top of our compliance requirements. This allows us more time to focus on patient care and other aspects of practice management.
- Paul Smiley, NHAAdministrator, Gilpin Hall
The First Healthcare Compliance solution offers a simple and effective centralized system to access and assemble our compliance data with minimal effort and maximum return. I highly recommend it!
- Mary Ann Tyler, Practice AdministratorSinclair Retina Associates, PC, Media, PA
Compliance in all areas always seemed to take a back seat to day to day operations. First Healthcare Compliance has developed a solution that easily brings any size office into compliance. It gives me peace of mind.
- Kris Jones-Bartley, CPCPresident,
Healthcare Management System
The First Healthcare Compliance solution allows our business and our clients to save time and money, and mitigate compliance risks. I highly recommend it to other healthcare billing companies.
- Neil S. Kalin, MDKalin Eye Associates, Newark, DE
I’d been searching for a compliance plan for many years. The First Healthcare Compliance solution is cost-effective and efficient. All of the compliance materials are in one place.
- R.K. Conell, Practice ManagerAlexiou Hearing and Sinus Center, PLC and Harrisonburg Dermatology, PLC, Harrisonburg, VA
The First Healthcare Compliance solution has everything you need to get started. It helps a practice become compliant on a very timely basis. Without this, it would have been a very extensive and intensive process.
- Dr. Marc D. Grobman, DO FACPInternal Medicine & Primary Care, Wilmington, DE
Using this solution, I am confident that I am meeting the guidelines or that I can seek help for areas in which I cannot perform the requirements on my own.